As Hailey’s birthday gets closer and closer I am looking back more at her old photos.
One of my all-time favorite sessions was her last year birthday photos. We choose a Snow White theme and they turned out so so cute!
As I was searching for her outfit on Etsy birthday photos I came across the most gorgeous Snow White dress. I knew immediately that’s the theme I wanted to do.
Now the photographer in me always goes overboard with props and ideas, but I really tried to keep it pretty simple.
Hailey at the time also hated getting her photos done the majority of the time so I tried to be realistic.
The props I decided to use were :
- Letters to spell out TWO. I painted the letters first in red and after it dried I used modge podge to add some sparkles on it.
- A small wooden bench I bought at Hobby Lobby and we stained it a darker wood color.
- A wooden bucket I also bought at Hobby Lobby and ended up staining it the same color as the bench.
- Real dark red apples
- *My favorite* the poisoned apple. I found the best tutorial for how to create it. I’ll link it at the bottom if you want to check it out!
We took the pictures at a local park that is close by to us. There was an open area with tree coverage and tall grass so it was an easy location.
I really wanted to do the photos more into the woods, but Hailey was not having it. However, I was pleased with what we were able to get that day overall!
There are so many ideas you could use with this theme!
- Magic Mirror
- Prince charming – if maybe you have two kids- boy and girl?! (I’m jealous just thinking about adorable that would be!)
- Little animal friends
If you want to make your own poison apple you can find the tutorial I used here
And if you have fallen in love with Hailey’s Snow White dress as much as I did you can grab one yourself here
P.S. If you some helpful tips on how to take your own child’s photos, but you’re not a photographer go check out my post here for some helpful hints 🙂
Tell me what is your kid’s favorite Disney character? I’d love to hear in the comments!